Kamik Canadian Adventure Contest - Terms & Conditions
“Kamik Canadian Adventure” Contest
1. The “Kamik Canadian Adventure” Contest is sponsored by Genfoot inc., 1940, 55e avenue, Lachine, Québec, H8T 3H3 (the “Contest Organizers”). The Contest runs in Canada on the Internet from May 16, 2019, at 12:00 pm Eastern Time (“ET”) until June 17, 2019, at 11:59 pm ET or until instant prizes last, whichever comes first (the “Contest Period”).
2. The Contest is open to Canadian residents who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry. Are excluded from participating: Employees, representatives and agents of the Contest Organizers, of any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of material or services related to the Contest, as well as members of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse and any individuals with whom such employees, representatives and agents are domiciled.
HOW TO ENTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER.
4. Message. If the spinning wheel stops on « Thanks for playing», the Entrant has not won an instant prize. If the spinning wheel stops on one of the other winning messages described in Section 9, the Entrant has won the corresponding instant prize, subject to compliance with the present Contest rules. In the case of an instant prize, a promotional code will appear on the screen as well as instructions to redeem the prize. Within 1 to 2 business day(s) following the winning entry, an email will also be sent to eligible winners with the promotional code and instructions to redeem the prize. Regardless of the message displayed each Entrant obtains one (1) entry in the Grand Prize draw, irrespective of the Contest Website version(s) used by the Entrants.
5. There is no other way to enter the Contest but via the Contest pop-up. Unsubscription to the newsletter during or after the Contest Period will not affect the Contest registration. Persons already subscribed to the newsletter may enter the Contest.
6. Limits. Entrants must respect the following limits otherwise they may be disqualified:
- 6.1 One (1) entry per email address per version of the Contest Website (French and English) for the Contest Period;
- 6.2 The use of only one (1) email address per person when an Entrant has more than one.
7. One (1) Grand Prize is offered, consisting of a $2,500 CAN gift card redeemable at a travel agency for a Canadian adventure or in the form of a cheque to the winner.
8. The following conditions apply to the Grand Prize:
- 8.1 The winner will need to decide whether she/he chooses the gift card or the cheque when completing the Declaration & Release form (see paragraph 16.4 below).
- 8.2 The ultimate choice of the travel agent will be at the discretion of the Contest Organizers.
- 8.3 The gift card will be applicable to a trip in Canada and subject to all terms, conditions and restrictions as determined by the chosen travel agency.
9. The following instant prizes are available to be won:
- 9.1 If the message is “Free shipping”, the Entrant wins free shipping on his/her next purchase on Kamik.com Canada, of an approximate retail value of $9,99.
- 9.2 If the message is “$20 off”, the Entrant wins a $20 rebate applicable on a purchase of $50 or more (before taxes and shipping fees) on Kamik.com Canada;
- 9.3 If the message is “$50 off”: The Entrant wins a $50 rebate applicable on a purchase of $100 or more (before taxes and shipping fees) on Kamik.com Canada;
9.4 If the message is “Free pair of shoes or boots”, the Entrant wins a (one) free pair of shoes or boots of his/her choice on Kamik.com Canada, of a maximum value of $125.
10. Number of prizes at the onset of the Contest:
PRIZE French Contest Website English Contest Website Total Free Shipping 3,050 3,050 6,100 $20 Rebate 700 700 1400 $50 Rebate 200 200 400 Pair Of Boots or ShoesAll Prizes have been awarded 50 50 100
11. The following conditions apply to instant prizes:
- 11.1 All instant prizes are redeemable on Kamik.com Canada English or Canada French, no later than August 5, 2019;
- 11.2 Rebates are applicable before sales taxes;
- 11.3 All amounts are in Canadian dollars;
- 11.4 When redeeming an instant prize, winners must use the same email address used to enter the Contest.
- 11.5 Rebates and free shipping cannot be combined with any other offer.
- 11.6 Kamik’s return policy available at https://www.kamik.com/b2c_ca_en/returns/ will apply to instant prizes. In the event Entrant returns, in accordance with Kamik’s return policy, the totality of his/her purchase made using a $20 or $50 instant prize rebate the Entrant will have fifteen (15) days following Kamik’s email confirmation that the returned products have been received to use the rebate on a new purchase, otherwise the rebate will be void.
- 11.7 Free shipping coupons can be redeemed only once even if the merchandise is returned in accordance with Kamik’s return policy.
- 11.8 The maximum value of the pair of Kamik shoes or boots is $125. Any excess amount will be charged and paid for by the winner. Should the winner choose a pair of shoes/boots with a value of less than $125 the winner will not be entitled to the difference and will not be entitled to a credit on future purchase.
GRAND PRIZE DRAW
13. Time of draw. At around noon ET on July 1st, 2019, at the office of the Contest Organizers located in Lachine (Quebec), a random draw of one (1) eligible entry will be held to award the Grand Prize from all eligible entries registered during the Contest Period.
14. Odds of winning. The odds of an Entrant’s entry being selected depend on the number of all combined eligible entries registered and received during the Contest Period on both versions of the Contest Website, for a maximum of 10,000 entries. A purchase will not increase the odds of winning.
INSTANT PRIZES: ODDS OF WINNING
15. Odds of winning. The odds of being selected as one of the potential winners of one of the instant prizes are based on 10 000 participations: Pair of boots: 1%; $50 rebate: 4%, $20 rebate: 14%; free shipping: 61%.
HOW TO CLAIM PRIZES
16. To be declared a Prize winner, any selected Entrant must :
- 16.1 Have correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question on the entry form;
- 16.2 Upon request and in a timely manner and if the Contest Organizers decide that it is necessary to confirm their eligibility to the Contest, provide the necessary information and documents to verify his/her identity, eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules within the time framed designated by the Contest Organizers.
- 16.3 In the case of the Grand Prize, be reached by email, within seven (7) days of the draw. The selected Entrant must reply in accordance with the instructions given in the email. In the event of a prize notification email followed by a statement that the message could not be delivered, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify the Entrant. The email address used to reach the selected Entrant is the one provided on the entry form. The Entrant is responsible for ensuring that it is accurate and valid;
- 16.4 In the case of the Grand Prize, fill out and sign the Declaration and Release Form (the "Declaration Form") to the effect that he / she has fulfilled all the requirements of these Contest Rules and return the Declaration Form to the Contest Organizers to be received a maximum of seven (7) days after the date at which it was sent out to the selected Entrant.
17. Contest Organizers, in their sole discretion, may disqualify and Entrant who: (i) cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted (ii)fails to comply with one of the conditions mentioned in these Rules, (iii) fails to accept the prize in a timely manner (iv) declines or cannot accept, receive or use the prize for any reason; (v) is found to be ineligible to enter the Contest or receive the prize; or (vi) cannot or does not comply with any provision of these Official Rules. Forfeited or unclaimed prizes may not be awarded, in Contest Organizers’ sole discretion. In such a case, the Contest Organizers may, in their sole discretion, cancel the prize or hold a new draw for the Grand Prize until an Entrant is selected and declared a winner, or if time permits in the case of an Instant Prize, return the prize among the other prizes to be won. Contest Organizers shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted, misdelivered, or not received by potential winner for any reason.
18. Within two (2) to four (4) weeks following confirmation of the selected Grand Prize winner, the Contest Organizers will send a correspondence by email to the Grand Prize winner to inform him / her of the terms and conditions for taking possession of his / her prize.
19. Verification. No tampering. Right to Cancel or Modify. Entry Forms, email communications with potential winners and Declaration Forms are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Contest Organizers shall not have any obligation or responsibility to award any prize to anyone, with regard to: (a) entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (c) anyone who has committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in this Contest or claiming the prize or otherwise acted unfairly towards the other Entrants; (d) internet, telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; (e) typographical, printing or other errors or omissions in these Official Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials, or other problems or errors of any kind whether computer network, mechanical, human, electronic, typographical, printing or otherwise including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, in the processing of entries, in the selection or announcement of winners or in the awarding or prizes; (f) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reasons; (g) if a prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disaster, terrorism, weather, or any similar event beyond Contest Organizers’ reasonable control; or (h) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this Contest.
20. Account holder. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an individual who actually submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email account by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
21. Conduct of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Contest, the Contest Website and/or any related website or to sabotage the legitimate conduct of this Contest constitutes a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should there be any such attempts, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify the participant, reject any entries, and obtain legal or equitable relief under applicable laws. Use (or attempted use) of multiple email addresses or any automated system, bots, macros or other similar systems or techniques to enter or otherwise participate in this Contest or which unfairly disadvantage other participants is prohibited and could be grounds for disqualification by the Contest Organizers, in their sole discretion.
22. Acceptance of prize. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not, in any case, be in whole or in part transferred to another person, replaced by another prize or exchanged for cash, except as provided in the section below. No refund, cash redemption, substitution, cash equivalent or replacement of prize or its elements permitted by winner. In the event that ARV is different from the actual retail value of the prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash. The value of the prize(s) set forth above represents Contest Organizers’ good faith determination of the ARV and such determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed.
23. Substitution of prize. In the event where it would be impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Contest Organizers to award a prize as described in these Contest Rules, they reserve the right to award a prize of the same kind and of equivalent or greater value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of a prize as indicated in the Contest Rules.
24. Liability limit: use of the prize. By entering the Contest, any Entrant selected for a prize releases and holds harmless the Contest Organizers, any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, representatives and mandatories (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation, property damage (including damage or injury to Entrants’ or other person’s computer), whatsoever in connection with participation in the Contest, or acceptance and/or use of the prize and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy or merchandise delivery.
25. Liability limit: prize supplier. The Entrant selected for the Grand Prize acknowledges that upon awarding of the prize, the obligations related to it become the responsibility of the providers of services and goods related to the prize. Contest Organizers and the Released Parties have not made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Grand Prize, and shall have no liability for Grand Prize Winner’s use or redemption of the Grand Prize.
26. Website. The Contest Organizers do not warrant that access to or use of the Contest Website will be accessible or uninterrupted during the Contest Period or error-free.
27. Liability limit: conduct of the Contest. The Released Parties disclaim all liability for any malfunctioning of any computer component, software or communications line; loss or lack of a communications network; or any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network that may limit or prevent any Entrant’s participation in the Contest. The Released Parties also disclaim all liability for any damages or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any web page or software or by the transmission of any information related to participation in the Contest.
28. Malfunctions: awarding of instant prizes. If the number of instant winning entries is potentially higher than the number of instant prizes indicated in these Contest rules, due to a human error or to electronic or other faultiness, or a virus or computer bug, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to suspend the awarding of the instant prizes, in whole or in part. If the number of winning entries is actually higher than the number of instant prizes indicated above, prizes not already redeemed might be awarded by random draw among all instant winning entries for which no prize has already been redeemed, at the Contest Organizers’ sole discretion.
29. Contest modification or Termination. If, for any reason, this Contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, human intervention, phone malfunctions, or any other causes beyond Contest Organizers’ reasonable control, which affect the proper conduct of the Contest, its impartiality or the awarding of the prizes, Contest Organizers reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend part or all of this Contest. In such event, instant win prizes or Grand prize will not be awarded and may be cancelled or included, in Contest Organizers’ sole discretion, in a random drawing from all eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation or suspension. Contest Organizers will seek prior approval of the the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, if required.
30. Prize limit. In no event shall the Contest Organizers be required to award more prizes than the number indicated in these Contest Rules or to award a prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
31. Liability limit: participation in the Contest. Persons who enter or try to enter this Contest release the Released Parties from any liability for damage these said persons may incur as a result of their entry or their attempt to enter the Contest.
32. Authorization. By entering this Contest, any Entrant selected for a prize authorizes the Contest Organizers and their representatives to use his/her name, photo, likeness, voice, place of residence and/or statement regarding a prize for publicity purposes, without any form of compensation.
33. Communication with Entrants. No communication or correspondence related to this Contest shall be exchanged with Entrants except as provided for in these Contest Rules or otherwise in accordance with applicable law.
35. Entrant identification. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, the Entrant is the person whose name appears on the Entry Form and it is to this person to whom the prize will be awarded if he/she is selected and declared a winner.
36. Contest Organizers’ decision. Any decision by the Contest Organizers or their representatives regarding this Contest is final and without appeal, subject to a ruling by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux on any issue under its jurisdiction.
37. Litigation. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organisation of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
38. Unenforceability. If a section of the Contest Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
39. Language. In case of any discrepancy between the French and English versions of these Contest Rules, the English version shall prevail.